The goal of the Project Management curriculum is to provide the project management professional with skills for planning and managing large or small, national or international projects. The courses in the curriculum use a problem-based learning approach to teach skills such as strategic analysis, team building and communications, budget analysis and financial management, resource allocation, effective interaction with regulatory agencies, and managing the transition from development to commercialization.
This educational track is designed for clinical professionals working as:
To earn the certificate, you must complete TWO core courses and TWO elective courses from the list below. Courses must be completed within five years to remain eligible for earning a PERI certificate. Once you have completed the required courses, contact the PERI Registrar for validation, and the Project Management certificate will be mailed to you. If you have questions about your progress, contact PERI at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Basic Drug Development: Overview of Biopharmaceutical Research & DevelopmentOpen or Close
In a blending of online and live learning, this course provides an overview of the process and issues common to all new chemical entity (NCE) development projects, from the research and development stages through product launch and post-marketing safety.
Next Offering:November 16-17, 2017 – Arlington, Virginia, USA
- Pharmaceutical Development Decisions: The NDA Simulation WorkshopOpen or Close
In this highly interactive course, participants gain a better understanding of the drug development and regulatory processes by participating in a simulated drug development and review process.
Next Offering:September 18-19, 2017 – Fairfax, Virginia, USA
- Project Management in the Research-Based Pharmaceutical IndustryOpen or Close
This course addresses project management issues and skills needed to wisely choose and effectively develop new therapies in today’s global climate.
Next Offering:September 28-29, 2017 – Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
- Decision Points in Pharmaceutical DevelopmentOpen or Close
This introductory web-based module focuses on the critical decisions that are made throughout the development of a new chemical entity as the process evolves from discovery to first in humans and ultimately to launch.
Revised and refreshed – updated November 2015!
- Statistical Concepts Used in Clinical TrialsOpen or Close
This online course will review statistical terminology, provide an understanding of statistics, and explain trial design from a clinician’s viewpoint. Updated, revised, and refreshed for 2015! Learn More
- Basic Pharmacology Blended Online CourseOpen or Close
This new foundational online blended program pairs the newly revised Pharmacology Online distance education program with weekly webinars, case studies and online discussions to enhance learning and retention of key basic research information.
- Biologics and Biosimilars: An Integrated Overview of Product DevelopmentOpen or Close
Gain a broad multidisciplinary understanding of the scientific, management and regulatory decision points in the development of new biologics and biosimilars.
- Cancer: Pathophysiology, Current Therapies, Clinical Trials, and Drug DevelopmentOpen or Close
This course provides an overview of human cancer with discussions of specific cancer types, current therapeutics and design of clinical trials.
Next Offering:October 25-27, 2017 – Washington, DC, USA
- Global Pharmacovigilance Training CourseOpen or Close
This course focuses on global regulatory requirements required for the management of product safety data from clinical trial and post-market sources.
- Introduction to Global Regulatory Affairs: Overview of Pharmaceuticals & BiologicsOpen or Close
This course provides a comprehensive overview of US, European, Canadian, Japanese and Rest-of-World (ROW)/ Emerging Market regulations for drug and biologic development from pre-clinical to post approval.
- Implementing Effective Global Clinical Trial Management and OperationsOpen or Close
This course addresses clinical trial management issues and skills needed to effectively conduct trials in the fast-paced drug development industry.
- Oncologic Development Strategies: Protocol DevelopmentOpen or Close
This course covers oncologic clinical trials from Phase I through Phase III with discussions of relevant design, ethical and regulatory issues, as well results of complex trials.
- Applied Good Clinical PracticesOpen or Close
This online course will provide you with a background in Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) as applied to clinical trials currently conducted worldwide. Learn More
- GCP for the Clinical Research Team seriesOpen or Close
These virtual courses provide a review of the clinical trial process. This series is different from many other courses in that its perspective is from that of the site based investigator rather than the sponsor. Learn More
- Pharmacology OnlineOpen or Close
This online course provides an intensive overview of pharmacology, knowledge of which is critical for both drug discovery and development. Learn More